Welcome to the Holy Faith Clontarf Parents’ Association web page. The purpose of this section of the school website is to let parents know more about the Parents‘ Association. As a parent of a daughter in the school you are a member of the Parents’ Association. As a Parents’ Association we strive to do what we can to play our role as part of the school community, working together to give our daughters the best possible secondary school experience. We represent the views of parents and provide a channel of communication between the school and the parents. The Parents’ Association also raises funds to invest in projects and facilities that will enhance your daughter’s experience at the school.
The detailed Aims and Objectives of the Parents’ Association are described in our constitution
The Parents’ Council meets first week every month in the school, alternating Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 7.30 pm
Secretary – Lousie McKenna
New members are always welcome.
Parents are also invited to add their name to a list of ‘helpers’ who may be available to help out at certain events annually without committing to attendance at monthly meetings.
We can be contacted at email@example.com
The Parents’ Association run a variety of events each year including:
- Organise talks of interest for parents and students. At our annual talk guest speakers have presented on subjects such as Study Skills Mental Health, Use of the Internet, and Drugs Awareness.
- Host social and fund raising events for parents. Organise and support fund raising events to contribute towards improvements to the school. In the past the Parents’ Association has made contributions to study skills courses for the girls, CAO information talks for the parents; practical items such as equipment for the home economics rooms and science labs, trips to sporting events.
Our regular fund raising activities have included
- Annual Table Quiz – this is a great event which proves to be a valuable fundraiser in addition to being a great (and sometimes quite competitive!) night out for parents.
- Book Fair – twice a year we organize a sale of second-hand books over a weekend. This is a very popular event in the school community and in the wider local community
- Offer help with annual school events (such as 6th Year Graduation and annual TY show)
- Pre-Debs reception – we host a really lovely evening in the school each September where all of that year’s Leaving Certificate class get to gather at the school for one last time, with their parents, before heading out to their Debs Ball.
- Mock Interviews – every November we organize an evening of Mock Interviews for the girls in 5th and 6th Year. The interviewers are drawn from the parent body and it provides a great opportunity for the girls to be interviewed in a discipline of their choice (accountancy, medical, education, media, creative, military, IT, travel … it’s a long list!)