The Admissions Policy outlines the process for applying to Holy Faith Clontarf. Application Forms for enrolment are available at any time from the school office or may be downloaded from the school website.
The closing date for applications is the first Friday of October of the year prior to admission. Applicants will be notified by early November as to whether they have secured a place or not. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised that they will be on a waiting list and notified of their place on the waiting list.
Parents will be notified if and when a place becomes available but that they should have their daughter’s name with another school. Applicants must indicate in writing that they wish to accept or not accept the place offered.
Girls who are eligible for admission are those who:
1. Have reached the required age (12 on the 1st January in the calendar year following the student’s entry into First Year)
2. Have normally completed Sixth class in Primary School
3. Accept, in conjunction with their parents/guardians, the school ethos
4. Accept, with their parents/guardians, the School Code of Behaviour. Confirmation, in writing, is required, that parents/guardians and their daughter accept the Code of Behaviour.
Students are admitted to the school in the following order:
1. Students of Belgrove Girls’ National School, Clontarf.
2. Sisters of present pupils
3. Sisters of past pupils
4. Girls residing within the Parishes of St. John, St Anthony and St Gabriel.
5. Daughters of present staff
6. Daughters of past members of staff
7. Daughters of past pupils.
8. Remaining places are offered in order of receipt of application to girls other than those mentioned above. Places are offered within the resources/facilities available.
The Board of Management may set a maximum limit on the number of places available in the school in any given year. It will set such limits based on the availability of facilities and staff, and bearing in mind that certain agreed maximum class sizes will pertain in certain subjects.